Monday 8 November 2010

Conference time

Well here I am again at the itSMF conference, networking and hoping to drum up business for the next year. It's a bit nerve-wracking turning up on your own at these events. You have to present an easy confidence as you roam around and tamp down the desperate 'can I be your friend?' neediness of a Billy Nomates; potential contacts can smell this from a mile away.

The conference is much reduced from when I was last here in 2007. The exhibition isn't as big and the presentations hold more of an attraction to all delegates, but fortified with a good breakfast and a sharp pair of heels I expect to make the most of them. Now off to discover which exhibitors have the best pens and freebies...

Posted from Blogium for iPhone

1 comment:

  1. Oh bum. That reminds me I meant to go to a local business promotion conference today. Oh well, they probably just sent me an invite to try and sell me something.

    ReplyDelete